Wildflowers

Wildflowers

Friday, August 13, 2010

Taking the day off

It's been a long week.  My husband has worked longer hours and hasn't been at home as much.  It has been incredibly HOT and Humid.  We have all been a little grumpy.  It just all exploded (or should I say I exploded)  this morning.  Everything I started to do just went wrong.  So, I loaded the kids in the car and drove to a park.  The kids had a little phys.ed and I took a  breather.  I also called my husband and talked with him about my morning.  I knew this would help!  I thank God for my husband, he is just what I need.


Sometimes, things in life can be overwhelming and we just need to stop and take a break from it all.  God is in control when we can not see.  He will lead us through this. 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."   Proverbs 3:5-6


After we finally returned home, we had lunch and some rest time to re-coup.  The younger ones did some handwriting and followed a map to find treasure and are spending the rest of the day playing upstairs.  Tomorrow, we will finish school and make a world cake as part of MFW- ECC curriculum.

This week, we have (almost) finished our second week of Exploring Countries and Cultures.  On Monday night we moved half our schoolroom/office around to make things flow better and to make room for our gigantic world map!   When we get everything in it's place, I'll post pictures!  It is the most organized school room we have ever had. 

I have a lot of preparations for next week to do this weekend and somehow in the midst of it all, relax a little.

1 comment:

  1. I would really enjoy seeing a picture. I will be setting up an official schoolroom whenever the contractor really gets started and then done. lol I have a lot of ideas/plans, but seeing someone elses would be helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete