Wildflowers

Wildflowers

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Autumn Blesssings

This is my favorite time of year.  I sometimes stress about getting everything "picture perfect".  I want to have pumpkins and mums on my front porch.  I want to have candles lit all over my house and lots of fall deserts.  I want pretty autumn place mats on my table with a nice centerpiece.  I don't have all of these things, I do have a couple and that will have to do this year. 
God is already decorating our world for us and He allows us to view it.  He has given us a world with the most beautiful seasons.  Where we live now, the seasons are not as evident as we are used to, but we have a yard full of trees (several oaks).  We have lots of nuts and pinecones and squirrels.  It is a nice fall nature study!
                 

I love the smells of fall. 
 The pumpkin, caramel, apple, and cinnamon. 
I love the smell of  warm soup and baking bread.  
 Hay and crisp leaves, rain. 
 These things are so comforting.  

I love the sounds of fall. 
 Crunchy leaves when your walking,
wind blowing through the trees with leaves falling down
and laughter of children jumping in a leaf pile.

God gives us a multitude of blessings with each season.  I believe the ones in autumn are just an overflowing bounty.  We should always have a thankful heart, but this time of year, I seem drawn more to thankfulness with the holidays coming.   May we all be thankful for God's many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment