Wildflowers

Wildflowers

Friday, September 17, 2010

Our week

This week was planned.  I had everything ready!  My workboxes were planned, all of our group work ready, our calendar was filled, but then a little stomach bug came to visit on Tuesday night and I have just felt awful.

Monday and Tuesday went pretty well.  We started our journey to Canada.  We visited the library on Tuesday after the girls had homeschool group Bible study.  At the library we attended a presentation from the North Carolina Museum of Science on Reptiles and Amphibians.

On Wednesday, however it was slow going for me.  Thankfully,  the workboxes were easily ready.  The kids did them and had a pretty relaxed afternoon.  Matt took them to Awanas that night.

Thursday morning was a little better.  I felt so much better.  We accomplished a little more school  (although, not everything), ran errands and had a pretty good day.  The kids played with friends in the afternoon. 

Friday (today), I had an early morning Dr. appointment.  We had a light day of school only getting the basics. Although we did not accomplish everything I had planned, it wasn't a total loss.  The kids stayed pretty busy this week. I must say that the workboxes helped and having the plan finished to work from. 

Sunday, is Emily's 15th birthday (I can not believe it!).  She is going to visit my brother and his wife for the weekend.  They are taking her to a concert Saturday.  She will have an awesome time.  We will pick her up Sunday.

The rest of us are going to Virginia Beach to the Oceania Naval Air Show on Saturday. It is a big air show that Matt has been wanting to go to forever.  We are only about 3 hours away, so this year we are going.  He and Samuel are so excited.  I am looking forward to it also.  When we first were married we went to a couple of smaller air shows and I really enjoyed them.  SarahAnne is not so excited.  She just can't imagine how it will be fun.  I think she will be surprised.  We will see.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you have been sick. Glad you are feeling better. Enjoy the air show!

    ReplyDelete